Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Monday, September 3, 2012

More Frame Parts

Just a short entry. I was able to complete laying out and cutting out of another 7 parts. I probably could have gotten more done but the heat here in Austin is pretty high and after several hours in the garage, it gets to the point where you need to take a break.

So here is a picture showing some of the new parts. Not shown is the first of the top crown pieces. These form the shape of the deck forward of the cabin.

All of these parts still need to be sanded

That's all for now.



Small update 9/4/2012 Cut out the parts I laid out yesterday. and lay them on the floor for a photo . Most still need to be sanded to final shape. Still have another 16 parts in this first batch of wood plus a bunch of plywood parts to connect the parts together..



Update 6/10/2015: I've decided to add a small tidbit about the patterns. Because of paper shrinkage, they are a bit smaller than the measured dimensions in the plans. I learned this in October of 2012 (see "Bit Of A Setback To Deal With" in sidebar). I resorted to laying out the measured dimensions on a large layout board and then using that to aid in getting the frame parts correct. Rather than repeat all of that here, it is suggested that you read that posting and subsequent posting to see what I did.

Click Here To Comment:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on what you've read here. I only ask that you keep it civil.