Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Still More Frame Parts

Another short update since there isn't much new to say. I've used up all the mahogany I purchased for frames and one piece of the keel. A couple of boards had splits in them so some of the wood wasn't usable (grrr!). Wish I would have noticed this when I bought the lumber.

Chalk that up to experience.

Now that the parts are cut out, I will be spending some time sanding them to the final shape. I suspect that is going to take a week or two since there are quite a few parts.

Then I will be doing some initial assembly in order to determine the shapes of the plywood gussets that overlap the joints as well some floor timbers for three of the frames. The floor timbers will be used to support the floor at the back end of the boat. All of these plywood parts will need to be laid out, cut out, and also sanded to final shape. So as you can see, there is quite a bit of this type of work still to be done.

I've added one new picture to the gallery showing me cutting a part out.

So on to sanding.

Click Here To Comment:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on what you've read here. I only ask that you keep it civil.