Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Still Alive But Waiting

I wish I could report on a bunch of progress being made. But other than saving some of the money I need, I haven't been able to do any additional work on the boat. So this blog entry is just to let readers know that I am still here, still alive, and still very much determined to continue.

On a progressive note, I did purchase one piece of lumber this morning, enough to complete the keel and make some of the bottom battens. I will be driving to Houston, next weekend and picking up lumber for the transom. This will give me enough material for about a month's worth of work. However, I still need to buy bronze hardware which will require another month before I have enough funds for that, sigh!

I did get an opportunity to share my build with two friends. Other than with my neighbors, this is the first time I have been able to show off the work done so far. It was nice to spend time discussing the build . One of my friends brought his father along who has experience with boat building as well as sailing. He discussed some of what he had done with me . It was fascinating to hear about his efforts and to hear of other methods of boat building.

I want to thank my friends for coming by and visiting. It made my day today. It also made it much easier for me to get that 16 foot piece of  lumber.

Take care and hopefully the next blog entry will have something more substantial to write about.


Click Here To Comment:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on what you've read here. I only ask that you keep it civil.