Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

New Concept Drawing

Just a short posting.

With the help of some other builders, I've tweaked the concept drawing of my boat. Last time I had worked on this, I was fairly satisfied with the design, but there was always something about it that wasn't quite right. Not being very artistic, I failed to notice the needed changes. The following is the concept as it has been for the last year or so.

Here is the revised concept. There are several changes. To start with, the chrome pieces were removed. The pinstripe on the side has been flared as it moves aft. The "B" pillar has been angled aft as a transition to the straight "C" pillar from the cabin windshield which has also been angled aft slightly (at the top). The mast has also been angled back to match the angle of the top windscreen. Finally, I improved the shape of the aft cabin window which was a bit to tall in the rear.
I think that these changes improve the appearance and sleekness of the design and I am thankful to the other builders for their input and suggestions. 

Unfortunately, I tried to add this image to my blog site with a transparent background but it doesn't look so good. I am going to experiment with that  at some other time Because I want to get back to building. 

That's it for now.

Click Here To Comment:

  1. Looks good Carl.

    A mistake I made on my windows, was not paying close enough attention to the design. The designer had more angle on the salon windows, and I did not see it, and made all the widows right angles. The designers parallelogram windows would have looked much better.

    Your slight change looks very good and gives a classic look more class.

    Conall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you Conall. I hope the new boat is working fine and any issues have been resolved.I still marvel at the amount of work it took you to build her.

      Thanks for the comments on my concept drawing. It's funny how little changes like I made can have as much impact as they do. I believe it's this ability to tweak the design to our own tastes that is one of the more fun aspects of this hobby. Take care.

      Delete

Feel free to comment on what you've read here. I only ask that you keep it civil.