Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Glassin' And Sandin' - Continued

Yes, it continues. Applying fiberglass and resin and then sanding it smooth and then repeating the process.

However, I am getting close to finishing. I was hoping to finish before tomorrow's original planned posting of this blog article. But the weather has gone south for the next couple of days and I won't be able to complete the work until later this week (I hope!).

All of the hull has been fiberglassed and has three fill coats except the port side in the center and forward. That portion has a seal coat and the fiberglass is taped into position awaiting warmer weather.

So I will keep the rest of this to pictures only to avoid repetition.










And a shot from outside the garage.



After this last section is glassed, the entire boat will get one more fill coat and a final smooth sanding. Then I can start working on adding the spray rails and installing the skeg. The flip is getting closer and I am starting to think of how I am actually going to accomplish that.

Until next time, take care.

Click Here To Comment:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on what you've read here. I only ask that you keep it civil.