Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Bottom Painting Is Finished - Now The Waiting Begins

The title says nearly everything I have to say. I wish it were otherwise, but these things have to follow a specific path.

As I feared, the second order of white paint took nearly two weeks to get delivered. so I sat around for two weeks waiting and getting more frustrated. Well, "sat around" maybe is too harsh a term. I did do other tasks that my life demands.

This last Saturday, I got the last coat of paint applied. Overall, I am only partially satisfied with rolling and tipping. Perhaps with more practice, I would get better at it. The finish isn't too bad, but it is not spray quality.

However, it comes down to this. I need to get the boat turned over so I can get started on finishing her. The boat is eventually going to be placed in the water to get the true waterline and the bottom will be painted blue at that time. I have decided that all remaining painting will be sprayed (including the blue on the bottom). The bottom is fine as it is now and I will be able to place it in the water down the road with no issues. It's really only my desire to have a mirror finish that is less than satisfied. Hopefully, when I get to the remainder of painting, the use of spray equipment will get a better finish.

So now I need to wait three weeks before flipping the boat, so the next time I post, I will have pictures from that event. The three week wait will allow the paint to cure nice and hard before I put the cradle back in place.

Until then, I will be cleaning up the garage, preparing for the flip and doing anything else I can do that doesn't get in the way or damage the paint. Take care.

Click Here To Comment:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on what you've read here. I only ask that you keep it civil.